Preparing for the 2021 Camp Season
Over the past year we have all experienced change like we never expected. COVID 19 has impacted us all in one way or another. To say we have been challenged is an understatement. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that has lost loved ones to this invisible enemy. We know it has been difficult for many of our friends and neighbors. For that reason we feel it is extremely important that we resume modified operations here at Camp American Legion. Our Camp will re-open for the first time in over 19 months. On May 31, 2021 we will have our first group of Campers arrive to experience a week of rest, relaxation, and healing while meeting with others and sharing quality time in a modified social setting.
Getting to the point of re-opening has not been an easy process. We take the safety of all our guests and staff very seriously. We have added measures to improve the operational safety in every area of our Camp activities. We have new policies for our staff and guests to help facilitate an environment that has everyone working together to look out for each other while respecting everyone's personal freedoms.
Some of our changes and safety enhancements include the following...
* New kitchen operations to include restricted areas and a new food service area with 8' high glass
* An abundance of hand sanitizer at nearly every turn on Campus
* Reduced Camp and cabin capacities every week we are open
* Social distancing while still enabling engagement with our campers and staff
* Reduced numbers of passengers on our boats to allow for more spacing
* Most all activities will be in the outdoors
* Our facility cleaning process has been changed to provide a greater level of disinfecting
* A prescreening of each camper, volunteer and staff will be done each week as new campers are arriving
* A "Self Check" process will be communicated to and expected from each and every guest and staff member
We feel these measures along with commonsense will go a long way to protect our guests and our staff. Health and wellbeing has been top of mind in our planning and preparation for the 2021 Camp season.
Brighter days are ahead. God Bless America!